Wednesday, February 10, 2010

That is so cotarded...

It turns out that I was wrong about Cotard's syndrome.

I could have sworn that Ramachandran wrote that it is characterized by not feeling emotion, not understanding why other people felt emotion, and generally feeling "dead inside." Maybe in extreme cases, people would doubt that they were alive at all. I took note of that, because I tend to feel robotic and emotionless. I wondered if maybe I was a Cotard. I blindly trusted Rammy, because he's a notable scholar and ♥Dawkins♥ calls him the "Marco Polo of Neuroscience."

Well! Come to find out, these people whole heartedly believe they are dead, are physically decomposing, missing body parts, and can smell their own flesh rotting. This is very different.

I am the only person on the earth that cares about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment