Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A realization, six months later

Before December, I had a pretty jaded outlook on my love life. It wasn't until I started seeing Alex that I realized how ho-hum I had felt about some of the people I dated in the past. After he went back to school, I felt sort of (totally) crushed. That was partly because I would miss him, but also partly because I would miss the feeling of really caring about someone again. In retrospect, it was much more the latter. I think Alex may have been some sort of vector that unlocked or rejuvenated something inside of me. And, I am very thankful for that.

I am pretty grateful to have met James under these conditions. I feel really happy and excited about the future. I am looking forward to rotisserie chicken picnics, Toronto, hockey games, meowing, and meeting Mingerina. He is so smart, and hot, and funny, and good at hockey, and genuine, and sweet, and so laid back, and fun to hang out with, and rational, and staying put for a while.

I think in the end, I just like getting older. I like figuring out how my brain works. I have a better sense of what kinds of people I want to spend time with. I am more understanding of the ways that people approach relationships and what to expect from them. Pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment